Shipping / Return Policy
Customers can track their shipments by calling our toll free # 1-800-938-7397
How Your Door Will Be Packaged:
Dealing with a freight carrier is different than using UPS or FedEx. Our doors are heavy and weight around 50 pounds+ crate. You will need at least 2-3 people to unload. Door units are easier to manage once removed from crate. Do not expect a truck driver to help you unload. You can ask a truck driver for assistance if you offer them a tip.
We will replace any damaged doors in prompt fashion. Very rarely are there any issues unless an item is damaged in transit. We strongly encourage you to contact us immediately if you see any damage. We do ask that you inspect shipments thoroughly upon arrival and prior to signing the receipt. Damaged shipments should be refused or received with notation of apparent damage.
We ship anywhere in the U.S and Canada.
Warehouse pick-up 2-3 days.
Local Shipping 1-2 weeks.
US Shipping 3-5 weeks.
Door Limited Warranty
Our door warranty is the best in the industry. When ordering Milano doors please understand that some small cosmetic details as door color, door texture or glass patterns, may be slightly different that you see at www.milanodoors.com. What is covered by warranty is as follows: Subject to the conditions and restrictions listed below are warranted for one year from the date of shipment to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Upon receipt of one or more of our doors, it is recommended that you inspect the all doors as soon as possible. You should be checking:
- For the possibility of freight damage.
- To verify that you received what you ordered.
- That each door is flat and straight and has no defects.
- No glass cracks if your door order has the glass option.
If there is freight damage, please note it on your freight bill and immediately notify Milano Doors and file a freight claim by calling toll free number: 1-800-938-7397.
If a door is determined to be defective, Milano doors must be notified within 7 days. Upon written notification of the defect and upon inspection by an authorized representative of Milano Doors , we will at our option:
- Repair the door, or
- Provide a replacement part or parts for the door, or
- Provide a replacement door.
A replacement door or part will be as originally purchased from and specifically does not include freight, finishing or installation charges. It is understood that if merchandise is determined to be defective when a shipment is received, written notice must be sent to Milano Doors within 7 days after receipt of the doors and before any hanging, fitting, or finishing charges have been incurred.
To clarify further: if a visible and/or apparent defect exists upon your receipt and inspection of a door or doors from Milano Doors, it is imperative that we be notified before any further costs are incurred on that door or doors. We will not assume any liability for those costs. Milano Doors will not be responsible for any door repaired or replaced without the prior written notification of our office.
Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4" in the plane of the door. Warp is measured by placing a straight edge or a taut string on the concave face of the door and determining the maximum distance from the straight edge or string to the door face. The door must be properly hung and finished with all six surfaces being sealed. Warp must occur in the door itself, and not be the result of an improperly installed jamb or a wall out of plumb.
Limited glass warranty: Milano Doors warrants all insulated glass delivered to the original customer or its authorized dealer against failure of the air seal for a period of one year.
The standard for determining that a scratch, smudge or other blemish warrants replacement is a follows:
- It can be seen from a distance of ten (10) feet.
- It is visible against normal daylight (not direct sunlight) when viewed perpendicular to the glass.
Exclusions to warranty:
- Using an interior door in an exterior application.
- Warp for any door over 8 feet in height and 42 inches in width.
- If door used in a gate application.
- Interior or Exterior door manufactured according to the customer's specifications.
- Performance or appearance of our finish, or a field-applied finish.
- Variations in the color, design or door texture.
- Damage caused by others, or by any cause outside the control of Milano Doors, including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling, or by fire, flood, earthquake, storm, or other acts of nature.
- "Misuse" of a door includes, but is not limited to, using a door on part of a building without providing adequate overhang or an appropriate finish color. Adequate overhang depends on the typical weather conditions of the area where the door is to be used, but at the very minimum means an overhang projecting a distance from the structure equal to one half the distance between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the overhang at the point which is farthest from the door.
- Damage caused by failing to comply with Handling, Finishing and Installation instructions. Please contact us for this information, if it is not supplied with the product.
- Failure to perform normal homeowner's maintenance, including maintaining the finish.
- Product failure due to improper installation.
- Attempts to modify our product without prior authorization.
All doors are warranted for one year from the date of shipment to be of good material and workmanship, and to be free from defects at the time of shipment that would render them unfit for the purpose for which each door is recommended. Before leaving our warehouse all door has been inspected at least 3 times for any defects and is packaged to protect the door in transit.
Should the warranted door be found to contain defects as stated above, we either repair any door without charge, or replace any door without charge in the stage of fitting and/or finishing as it was originally supplied, or refund the price received for the door. No labor or installation expenses are covered by this warranty.
Handling, Finishing, and Installation Instruction
- Doors shall not be exposed to excessive heat, dryness, humidity, or direct sunlight prior to finishing.
- Deliver doors to the jobsite after plaster is dry. If doors are stored on the jobsite for more than one week, all edges must be sealed.
- All hardware locations, preparations, and methods of installation must be appropriate for the specific door.
There are no warranties that extend beyond the preceding. Milano Doors shall not be liable for consequential, indirect, or incidental damages or for any amount in excess of the manufacturer's price for the shipment involved, whether the claim is for breach of warranty or negligence.
Return Shipping Policy
Returns must be made with 30 days of order placement. Return shipping costs are the customer's responsibility. The exception to this policy is when an item is shipped incorrectly or damaged from one of our shipping warehouses. Once products are received your original credit card used to make the purchase will be credited for the original cost of goods, less return shipping cost (if you used a label we sent you) and re-stock fees if applicable. If you discover any product damages you must contact the delivering company within 48 hours of delivery to report it.
Items Eligible for Credit
To receive refunds on returned goods, the items cannot be damaged or installed and, must be in their original containers in new condition with all of the parts inside. Once the product is installed no claims of damages can be filed. Please be sure to package your items well. Items that are not packed in their original packing or just thrown back in the box usually have to be scrapped and therefore no credit will be issued. . Please allow up to 1 week from the time we receive your items for the credit to be processed and posted to your original payment method.
There are no refunds on products that have been misused, abused or rendered unless as a result of improper use or installation. All returned items must be returned with 30 days of receipt and must be returned in the original packaging and condition.
If you need to cancel an order, you must do so within 24 hours of placing an order. Any cancellations after that will have a 25% cancellation fee. Customer understands that there is 25% restocking charge of the invoices price for door slabs and hardware orders only and customer must pay return shipping fees. Any standard pre-hung doors, custom sizes and special orders will be 50% restocking fee. You also will be responsible for arranging the return of the shipment and for any return fees that may occur. Returned orders must be returned in the same condition it was received.
All orders must be prepaid by credit card, cashier's check, money order, wire transfer, or personal check. All orders must be paid in full before delivery.